Monday, June 30, 2008

SHAME ON YOU, HEINZ

This is a statement from Heinz:

“Heinz pulled the ad in the UK because our consumer research showed that it failed in its attempt to be humorous and offended people on all sides,” said Michael Mullen, Director of Global Corporate Affairs for Heinz."
Offended people on ALL sides? How many sides are there? How many people were offended?

Because at the last count, Facebook has at least 7 groups dedicated to getting this ad back on the TV, with one group garnering over 11 thousand petition signatures already! How many people where offended Mr Mullen????

Here's Mr. Mullens e-mail address:

Michael.mullen@us.hjheinz.com

Now you can tell him what you think as well. The cynic in me would say "there is no such thing as bad publicity", the optimist in me says that common sense will prevail, and the Heinz Execs will have the balls to stand by their advertising team. But for now, no more Heinz products in our shopping baskets.


Thanks to Lee from my uber-spy network for the info!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Roo -
    I may not have a super cool sports car that can do amazing things, but I've still got my decoder ring!

    We're right with you on the cynic/optimist thinking.
    As I watched the ad I thought: "Oh, what's the sandwich spread they're advertising? I'd like to buy some of that!"
    Sigh...

    Happy to be of service!
    Over and out...
    ;o)
    - Me/Us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Roo, Heinz shouldn't be worried about people being offended by these things. In this day and age, odd is acceptable, and the only people who would realy object to that are Christians, and we're Pastafarians. Christians should learn to accept gay people, after all, there are Christian gays, who aren't busy prosecuting themselves. I love the new Heinz Free Zone portion of the blog!

    -Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee - super spiffing, catch you later TTFN

    Tom - Pastafarians unite! did you buy the badge yet? ;o)

    BTW folks - the Heinz free logo is available, I can email the pic over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we actually buy any Heinz products, not that I can think of off the top of my head but this small household will go Heinz free in sympathy (I don't think we got that ad down this way).
    You'd think people would be more offended by war, torture, famine and domestic violence but it appears "others" still care what we get up to in the privacy of our own homes & bedrooms. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah - Cheers Morgan, that's 3 recruits to my cause! (I've never had a cause before) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Roo -
    Just wanted to let you know that I received a form letter e-mail back from Heinz. It was abundantly clear that it was just a form letter and that they had not really read my e-mail!
    Arrgggghhhh!!!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. offending people on all sides of what? its a sandwich spread for cryin' out loud.

    bring back the commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey barbie2be - thanks for joining my rebellion ;o)

    ReplyDelete